Painting Bamboo, Wild Orchids, Chrysanthemum & Plum Blossom -mixed level course
Join Talia and learn to paint various Japanese painted themes, using traditional brushes, ink and fine paper. With each subject you will learn about its core feature and ideas, alongside key brush strokes of this technique.
Each workshop will begin with an introduction and demonstration by Talia, follow on, you will learn and practice various brush strokes to create your very own finished painting each workshop.
* Each workshop includes your own study sheets, plenty of practice time, 1-2-1 tutorial, group discussion and light refreshments.
* Professional tools and materials are all supplied for the course
* A short list of what students can bring, will be sent to all participants
* Intermediate students are welcomed to learn advanced level themes, or work on their personal project
* Professional calligraphy sets, brushes and paper can be further purchased during the course
* Due to the heritage nature of Burgh house, places are limited to 12
* Buttery cafe at Burgh house will be open for light lunch, tea & coffee from 11am till 5pm
* Nearest tube: Hampstead / Northern Line
* Course fees : £325- to include all your tools & materials, course worksheets, and light refreshments
Each workshop will begin with an introduction and demonstration by Talia, follow on you will learn and practice various brush strokes to create your very own finished painting each workshop.
Talia Lehavi is a contemporary artist and a certified teacher of Japanese ink painting and calligraphy. She holds an MA in Japanese art history and has been teaching for many years in her London studio as well as museums around the world. Her teaching includes lectures, demonstration, practical workshops and artist mentoring.
+44 (0) 7967 970 129